Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Firefighters adopt a family program

Hello,
This is the letter we have been working on to get out to people for the Firefighter adopt a family program we do... It is such an amzing time to give to people who are in need... Feel free to pass this a long to anyone you know who would be interested in helping us out. Thanks so much.
Here is the website also we just got put up and running. Were still working out some kinks in it. but you get the idea.

http://firefightersadoptafamily.com/

Name
Company Name
Address
City, State, Zip

Dear,

For over 15 years, the volunteer firefighters of the Jurupa Valley have organized an Annual Adopt a Family program where we provide food, clothing, hygiene aids, school supplies, Christmas decorations and of course toys to the needy families of the Jurupa Communities. Working along with our brothers and sisters from Cal Fire, we join Santa Claus in delivering the items to these families over several days just prior to Christmas. Since its inception, we have supported over 350 families and brought holiday cheer to thousands of children.

In 2007, we “adopted” 45 families with well over 200 children. Each family was provided with a holiday meal, nearly two weeks worth of food, school supplies for the children, hygiene items for the children and adults and we provided wrapped toys labeled for each child. To accomplish this task we raised thousands of dollars and collected nearly 3500 toys. The money raised was completely depleted with a last minute requests being fulfilled by a local community philanthropist. Thankfully, we had enough toys to fulfill our needs and also to assist other cities with over 1500 toys.

This year, with a struggling economy, we anticipate a substantial increase in needy families throughout the Jurupa Valley; therefore, your assistance is needy now more than ever. We want to be prepared to provide for seventy families in 2008. Your contribution is greatly needed to meet this expected need.

We are asking your company to provide us with a contribution of >>>>>. If you have any questions or need additional information please feel free to contact Angel Sanchez, Jr. at angel@volunteerfire.net.

Your assistance will help bring a smile to a child’s face this holiday season.

Sincerely,


Angel Sanchez, Jr.
Adopt a Family Coordinator

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great thing you are doing here April! I just wanted to pop by and let you know that I have your kit done, it is on my blog now. I hope that you like it. Your layouts here look FANTASTIC. I couldn't find you at zanga I guess I don't know enough about it to find anyone there. But I've registered there, so if you can find me add me as a friend. :)

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

April! I'm so glad you're back. I've been checking your blog here and there waiting for a new post! :) I love all your new pictures. Congrats on moving to your own place. When are you moving? Are you guys gonna stay at the same fire station? I hope things are going good for you guys. I would love to get together sometime. My boys have been sick so we've been home a lot and I'm ready to get out! Talk to ya soon!